Level 3 UAL Diploma In Performing Arts
This exciting and enjoyable course provides the knowledge, understanding and skills for learners wishing to enter a career in the Performing Arts and/or progression to Higher Education (HE).
This course will give you the opportunity to study and develop the skills and disciplines needed to perform on stage or screen. Students will explore a range of styles and techniques including: Classical Theatre,Contemporary Theatre and Musical Theatre. You will visit theatres in the West End and in local and regional venues.
You will take part in local and national events and festivals e.g. National Theatre Connections. You will take part in our departmental ‘Industry Weeks’ and be led and directed by visiting professionals. You will have the opportunity to go on residential trips within the UK.
The qualification will enable students to:
- Have a critical and contextual awareness of different perspectives and approaches within performing and production arts or related subjects of study or work.
- Research, analyse and evaluate relevant information and ideas in order to develop creative solutions.
- Understand, adapt and safely use appropriate and practical methods and skills for creative production.
- Solve complex problems through the application of practical, theoretical and technical understanding.
- Critically review the effectiveness and appropriateness of methods, actions and results.
- Use evaluative and reflective skills in order to take responsibility for own learning, development and decision-making.
- Take responsibility for the research and planning.
Qualification Type: Diploma
Study Location: Epping Forest Campus
5 or more GCSEs at grades 9-4 including English Language and Maths at grade 4, Progression from Level 2 at Merit or Distinction and English Language and Maths at grade 4, NVQ2/VRQ2, You will be required to attend an audition.
Where does it lead:
Level 3 University of the Arts London Extended Diploma in Performing and Production Arts year 2, Employment or University - Previous students have gone on to study at East 15, LAMDA, RADA, Bath Spa University and De Montfort University.
Who is the course available for: 16-18