Level 3 UAL Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology (Interactive Media and Games Design)
Suitable for students who wish to further explore and extend their interest in interactive media and games, through a professional learning environment. This is an opportunity to develop your professional specialism and begin to find your future pathway for employment or further study.
The Level 3 extended Diploma program is designed to get you ready for employment or higher education.
- You will study the Interactive media and Games design course over 3 days every week.
- Your projects will include User Experience Design, Games production, Games design, and Digital Modelling.
- There are clear opportunities for progression into employment and higher education through UCAS.
- You will become a member of Blueorange. A learning company built across all NCC sites working with live client briefs completing industry standard projects.
- You will work with specialist staff in specialist facilities in our Blueorange studios, as well as having a personal tutor to help with all pastoral needs.
- You will focus on how high-end games are developed through digital modelling of characters and environments, shading techniques and level creation, and then make them ready to submit into a game engine, which is where everything comes together in various platforms (either NextGen, AAA title or indie-type games).
- You will discover new and exciting gaming trends, such as Open World (Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption) and Battle Royale (Epic Games' Fortnite).
You will also explore the current gaming industry and how user experience has been improved through high-definition, interactive experiences, such as virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR). This course will teach you how to use VR and AR to enhance user experience by using our gaming PCs and Oculus Rift VR gaming headset.
This course is delivered through our learning company Blueorange. Blueorange is a working industry studio across our campuses working with live client briefs on professional standard projects. You will be working in an environment that is very similar to a games studio, and learners will be treated as junior artists and creative game makers. Here, you will design a showreel portfolio and gain the opportunity to work with a live client's brief. This will be your first real taste of what the gaming industry looks like.Subject: Art, Design and Media
Qualification Type: Diploma
Study Location: Hackney Campus
Provide a portfolio of your previous projects you have completed. This can either be a hard copy or a digital portfolio, or links to content online, 5 or more GCSEs at grades 9-4 including English language and Maths at grade 4. Progression from level 2 at Merit or Distinction and Level 2 Functional Skills.
Where does it lead:
You can go onto further study at University or explore employment in the creative industries as a:
- Game designers
- Game engineer
- Web design
- User experience design
- Interaction design
- 3D content creator
- 3D assessment creation
- Web and app development
Who is the course available for: 16-18