BTEC 90 Credit Diploma in IT FL3 (1617) (Pearson)
Ever wanted to be a games or application programmer, perhaps a web designer or network manager or even a robotics engineer? If this is the case then this is the ideal course for you.
This practical, work-related qualification will prepare you for an IT career path or for studying computer science, game design or development, cyber security or robotics at university level or further vocational courses.
You study a range of different areas:
- You will produce professional websites and databases.
- Design and develop computer games.
- Create and manage computer networks.
- Learn graphics techniques.
- Identify and resolve business/client problems.
- Manage projects and cover many more related topics in the ever developing world of IT.
- Prepare for one of many diverse roles in the evolving tech industry. You will develop skills in:
- Developing Graphics using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Developing Computer Games.
- Creating animations for video and games
- Building and maintaining hardware.
- Project Management.
- Building and maintaining networks.
- Software design.
Qualification Type: Diploma
Study Location: Epping Forest Campus
5 or more GCSEs at grades 9-4 including English Language and Maths at grade 4. Progression from Level 2 at Merit or Distinction and Maths at grade 4 or NVQ2/VRQ2
Where does it lead:
Level 4 Foundation Degree, Apprenticeship, Employment, University
Who is the course available for: 16-18