VRQ Diploma in an Introduction to Hair and Beauty Sector (CG)
This course introduces you to the career options of beauty therapy, hairdressing and media make-up. You will study basic beauty, hair and media make-up techniques enabling you to gain experience in a variety of subjects, including, face painting, manicures and shampooing. Successful completion can lead onto Level 2 Beauty, Hairdressing or media Make-up Programmes.
Units you will study include:
- Presenting a professional image in a salon.
- Shampooing and conditioning.
- Styling womenís hair.
- Plaiting and twisting hair.
- Basic make-up application.
- Providing basic manicure treatment.
- Providing basic pedicure treatment.
- Creating a hair and beauty image.
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector.
- The art of dressing hair.
- The art of photographic make-up.
Qualification Type: Diploma
Study Location: Epping Forest Campus
2 or 3 GCSEs at grade 2 or above (depending on the subject) including English Language and Maths, If no GCSEs, college assessment at Entry Level 3, Successful completion of Entry Level 3 qualification.Where does it lead:
Level 2 City and Guilds Diploma in Hair and Media Make-up, Level 2 City and Guilds Award in Beauty Therapy, Level 2 City and Guilds Technical Certificate in Hairdressing.Who is the course available for: 16-18