Level 3 CPCAB Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling
This qualification is intended for candidates who have already acquired a recognised qualification in counselling skills and want to:
- Take the next step in training to become a counsellor
- Learn more about counselling theory, ethics and mental health
- Be prepared for work as a professional counsellor in an agency setting.
- This qualification does not lead to employment. It is designed as a pre- practitioner training for professional counselling qualifications but it could also lead to employment in a related field.
There are 7 units covering the following
- Prepare to work within an ethical framework for counselling
- Understand the counselling relationship
- Understand difference and diversity issues to develop empathic understanding
- Work within a user-centred approach to counselling
- Use counselling theory to develop self awareness in counselling practice
- Understand theories of counselling and mental health
- Use feedback, reflection and supervision to support counselling studies
The training includes workshops, seminars, personal development, group work, Skills practice and tutor and peer observation of skills practice. The written work includes a weekly learning review of an average of 1,000 words, an essay of 1,000 words and book review of 750 words.Subject: Therapeutic Counselling
Qualification Type: Certificate
Study Location: Epping Forest Campus
CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (CSK-L2) or equivalent/RPL (recognised prior learning) of at least 75 GLH.
- Ability to translate intra-personal experience into language
- Able to benefit from self-development
- Emotional stability
- Evidence personal insight
- Ability to form a counselling relationship
- Awareness of difference and diversity
- Able to cope with course content
- Identify reasons for training beyond just personal development
- Be motivated towards developing as a counselling practitioner
- Provide references
Where does it lead:
The CST-L3 qualification is one step in a series of CPCAB qualifications. Once the candidate has completed this qualification they may wish to progress to the Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC-L4).
This qualification could lead to employment as a counsellor or increase employability for those whose role is to support others in e.g. health and social care work, teaching and learning, advocacy and mediation, support and project work, other helping roles. It provides an additional skills for those already in employment likely to lead to increased opportunities for promotion and advancement
Who is the course available for: Adult