Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2 (Evening)
The Foundation qualification covers basic accounting principles and techniques, from costing and double-entry bookkeeping to using accounting software.
Topics covered include:
- Processing payments and receipts
- Preparing invoices
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Using accounting software
- Effective business communication skills.
Foundation qualification includes the following units:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Working Effectively in Finance
- Using Accounting Software
This qualification is studied one day a week over one academic year and all units are assessed through practical computer based assessments. This qualification also includes a Synoptic assessment, which draws on and tests your understanding of connections between different topics covered across the qualification. This will be delivered on a one full day a week basis, exact day yet to be determined.
Student learning loans are available and students will have to apply for membership with AAT and purchase the necessary booksSubject: Accounting and Finance
Qualification Type: Diploma
Study Location: Epping Forest Campus
The Foundation Certificate will suit you if:
- You work in accounts and would like a formal qualification in the field
- You would like to acquire new skills to help with a change in your career
- You are a school leaver, with 5 grades at level 4 or above including English and Maths, looking for an introduction to accounting and finance
- You are not currently in employment or training and you need workplace skills
- You are looking for foundation knowledge before progressing on to other AAT qualifications.
Progress onto Advanced Diploma in Accounting Level 3 course.
Jobs that you can expect after completing this qualification:
- Accounts Administrator
- Accounts Assistant
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Payroll Administrator
- Purchases/Sales Ledger Clerk
- Tax Assistant/Trainee
- Trainee Accounts Technician