Advanced Diploma in Accounting Level 3 (Evening)
The Advanced qualification introduces more detailed financial tasks, including maintaining cost accounting records and the preparation of reports and returns. You will also master a range of accounting disciplines from ethical practices for accountants to advanced bookkeeping.
Topics covered include:
- making provisions for doubtful and irrecoverable debts
- reconciling ledgers with the cash book
- the importance of professional ethics in the working environment
- analysing variances
- using spreadsheets to manage and record information in the accounting environment.
Advanced qualification includes the following units:
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Ethics for Accounting
- Spreadsheets for Accounting
- Indirect Tax
This qualification is studied two evenings a week, Tuesday and Wednesday, over one academic year and all units are assessed through practical computer based assessments. This qualification also includes a Synoptic assessment, which draws on and tests your understanding of connections between different topics covered across the qualification.
Student learning loans are available and students will have to apply for membership with AAT and purchase the necessary books.
Subject: Accounting and Finance
Qualification Type: Diploma
Study Location: Epping Forest Campus
The advanced diploma will suit you if:
- youíve completed the Foundation accounting qualification achieving a Merit grade or above and would like to build your skills
- youíre already working in finance and you would like a formal recognition of your study skills
- you would like to go onto be an AAT full member (MAAT) or study chartered status.
Progress onto Professional Diploma in Accounting Level 4 course.
Jobs that you can expect after completing this qualification:
- Accounts Administrator
- Accounts Assistant
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Audit Trainee
- Credit Controller
- Finance Assistant
- Practice Bookkeeper
- Tax Assistant