Professional Diploma in Accounting Level 4
The Professional Diploma enhances your skills further, covering complex accounting techniques and team leader skills. On completion you will have mastered the art of rafting financial statements, managing budgets and evaluation financial performance, while also having the opportunity to specialise in areas such as tax, auditing and credit control.
Topics covered include:
- Drafting and interpreting limited company accounts
- Preparing forecasts of income and expenditure
- Preparing draft budgets and revising them as required by the business
- Measuring performance and preparing performance reports
- Reviewing the finance function to identify risks and to make recommendations for improvements.
Professional qualification includes the following units:
- Financial Statements for Limited Companies
- Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Management Accounting: Decisions and Control
- Accounting Systems and Controls
- Business Tax
- Personal Tax
This qualification is studied one day a week over four academic terms and all units are assessed through practical computer based assessments. This qualification also includes a Synoptic assessment, which draws on and tests your understanding of connections between different topics covered across the qualification. The duration of this programme of study is 4 terms. Students will have to apply for membership of AAT and purchase their study books.
Subject: Accounting and Finance
Qualification Type: Diploma
Study Location: Epping Forest Campus
The professional diploma will suit you if:
- you have completed the Advanced Diploma accounting qualification achieving a Merit grade or above and would like to build your skills
- you are already working in finance and you would like a formal recognition of your study skills
- you would like to go onto be an AAT full member (MAAT) or study chartered
- With relevant work experience, you can progress onto AAT full membership, using the letters MAAT after your name - internationally recognised as a mark of accounting excellence.
- Become your own boss as an AAT licensed member.
- Progress onto chartered studies with an exemption from the first level of its professional qualification.
Jobs that you can expect after completing this qualification:
- Accounts Payable and Expenses Supervisor
- Assistant Financial Accountant
- Commercial Analyst
- Cost Accountant
- Fixed Asset Accountant
- Indirect Tax Manager
- Payments and Billing Manager
- Payroll Manager
- Senior Bookkeeper
- Senior Finance Officer
- Senior Fund Accountant
- Senior Insolvency Administrator
- Tax Supervisor
- VAT Accountant