Level 3 UAL Diploma in Performing Arts
This course gives students the knowledge and skills needed for successfully beginning their career in the performing arts and or to progress to university. Students will have an opportunity to study and develop the skills and disciplines needed to perform on stage or screen and will explore a range of styles and techniques including:
- Classical theatre
- Contemporary theatre
- Musical theatre
There is also visits to theatres in the West End and in local and regional venues. Students have the opportunity to take part in local and national events and festivals e.g. National Theatre Connections. There is also internal events, including our departmental Industry Weeks and be led and directed by visiting professionals.
The qualification enables students to:
- Have a critical and contextual awareness of different perspectives and approaches within performing and production arts or related subjects of study or work.
- Research, analyse and evaluate relevant information and ideas in order to develop creative solutions.
- Understand, adapt and safely use appropriate and practical methods and skills for creative production.
- Solve complex problems through the application of practical, theoretical and technical understanding.
- Critically review the effectiveness and appropriateness of methods, actions and results.
- Use evaluative and reflective skills in order to take responsibility for own learning, development and decision-making.
- Take responsibility for the research and planning.
Subject: Performing Arts
Qualification Type: Diploma
Study Location: Epping Forest Campus
Five or more GCSEs at grades 9-4 including English Language and maths at grade 4, Progression from Level 2 at Merit or Distinction and English Language and maths at grade 4, NVQ2/VRQ2, Students are required to undertake an audition.
Where does it lead:
Level 3 University of the Arts London Extended Diploma in Performing and Production Arts Year 2, Employment or university/theatre school to continue studies and training in performance
Who is the course available for:16-18