Level 1 UAL Diploma In Art, Design and Media
This course is designed to provide students who are intrigued and motivated by art and design with opportunities to explore, develop and test their creativity. This qualification draws upon established approaches to teaching, learning and assessment that are successfully proven to appeal to and engage students seeking practical study over a more academic study route.
Suitable for students who have an interest in art, design, media or a related subject and wish to explore and extend this interest via a full-time, immersive learning experience. You will develop and test your creativity within a structure that will provide a sound base of skills and knowledge, while enhancing self-confidence and revealing the potential career demands and opportunities within the sector.
In order to achieve the qualification, you must successfully pass seven units:
- Unit 1: Introduction to materials, processes and skills
- Unit 2: Introduction to contextual research
- Unit 3: Introduction to communication skills
- Unit 4: Solving 2D creative problems
- Unit 5: Solving 3D creative problems
- Unit 6: Solving time-based creative problems
- Unit 7: Art, design and media project
This final project unit allows you to demonstrate all the learning that has taken place through completion of the other units.This unit is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction and determines the overall qualification grade. The majority of projects on this course will be taught through live briefs.
Reasons to apply: The allows you to develop skills and techniques in Art and Design and Media production. This will enable you to decide what pathway you would prefer to study at Level 2
Subject: Art, Design and Media
Qualification Type: Diploma
Study Location: Redbridge Campus
Provide a portfolio of previous work and show your enthusiasm and commitment to the course
Where does it lead:
- Level 2 University of the Arts London Diploma in Art and Design
- Level 2 University of the Arts London Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology
- Explore career paths in the creative industries
Who is the course available for:16-18