Level 1 UAL Diploma in Music, Performing and Production Arts
This course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and understanding necessary to access and progress to further study and training in a range of music performance and production disciplines. It will enhance your self-confidence and impart an understanding of the career demands and opportunities within the creative industries.
In order to achieve the qualification, you must successfully pass six units - five units at Level 1, then a choice of one further unit at either Level 1 or Level 2.
- An introduction to the equipment and processes used in music, performing and production arts, and the skills necessary to record and express ideas
- An understanding of how contextual research is used to support creative activities
- An introduction to the communication skills used in support of creative activities and develop an understanding of the role that communication skills play in informing and developing ideas
- An opportunity to use acquired skills, knowledge and understanding to explore and resolve creative problems
- An opportunity to develop personal strengths in music, performing and production arts and to use the knowledge, understanding and skills developed in previous units
The final project unit allows you to demonstrate all the learning that has taken place through completion of the other units. This unit is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction and determines the overall qualification grade.
Subject: Performing Arts
Qualification Type: Diploma
Study Location: Redbridge Campus
2 or3 GCSEs at grade 2 or above. If no GCSEs, college assessment at Entry Level 3 qualification, Attend an audition, Interests in the performing and production arts.
Where does it lead:
Level 2 UAL Diploma in Performing and Production Arts Arts
- Theatre Actor
- Screen Actor
- Live performance Dancer
- Dancer for TV/Film
- Circus Performer
- Drama Therapist
- Stage Manager
- Front of House Manager
- Independent Artist
- Voice Actor/coach
Who is the course available for:16-18