English Language and Maths grade 4, plus grade 4 in Science and two other grade 4 GCSEs.
This course aims to inspire and motivate students who are considering a career in health and social care, or a related sector, by providing knowledge and understanding of meeting individual care and support needs in a range of health and social care settings. The course aims to support access to a range of higher education courses in health and social care disciplines if taken alongside further Level 3 qualifications.
This Health and Social Care qualification is a two-year course and is equivalent to one A Level. It consists of three mandatory units and one optional unit, the content of which has been designed to ensure it supports students with a keen interest in working in the health and social care sector. The mandatory units focus on how to support and care for individuals in different settings whereas the optional unit provides students with the opportunity to gain an understanding of the specialist topics relevant to the different parts of the sector.
You can expect to:
- Develop an understanding of how to meet individual care and support needs
- Be motivated to work consistently and independently to achieve the requirements of each unit
- Understand the importance of deadlines and manage your time in order to meet them
- Take part in discussions, debates, role plays and give presentations
- Develop independent research skills
- Develop communication skills and apply them to a range of health and social care settings
The Health and Social Care Extended Certificate must be taken with two or three other Level 3 qualifications. It links well with other Social Science subjects such as Sociology, Psychology and Law.