This Level 2 qualification is an introduction to the travel and tourism industry. If you are considering a career in travel or tourism, this course gives you the opportunity to gain broad knowledge and understanding of, and develop skills in, the sector. It will also support your progression to a more specialised Level 3 vocational qualification, such as the BTEC Level 3 Travel and Tourism Extended Diploma, and give you the opportunity to enter employment within a wide range of posts, for example, in travel agencies, airlines, visitor attractions and accommodation.
The aim of this course is to provide you with an excellent grounding in the skills and knowledge needed for a career in Travel and Tourism. You will develop research skills in order to find out about specific tourist destinations and gain an understanding of the attractions on offer. You will then use your communication skills to present information, and to ask and respond to questions. You will study a range of different units.
You can expect to study:
- UK travel and tourism destinations
- The development of travel and tourism in the UK
- International travel and tourism destinations
- Factors affecting worldwide travel and tourism
- The travel and tourism customer experience
- Travel and tourism business environments
- Promotion and sales in travel and tourism
- Travel and tourism employment opportunities
- Organising a travel and tourism study visit
You will be introduced to a variety of information sources where the most up-to-date information for travellers can be found, including visa and passport requirements, vaccination information, safety advice, and foreign currency and travel insurance information.