This course will develop your food service skills including bar service, silver service, and table theatre in our restaurant. Our popular fine dining restaurant and industrial kitchens provide an ideal environment to learn the skills needed for a career in hospitality.
You will serve food produced in our restaurant, developing food service and customer care skills. Develop the skills and techniques required to deliver food and beverage service to customers, allowing you to work in a variety of establishments such as hotels and restaurants, or at specialist catering events.
You will have the opportunity to have paid work in our award winning restaurant OKN1 or Rouge and work with our professional chefs on exciting outside catering events.
Study units include:
- Principlies of supervising food and beverages services
- Principles of food safety supervision for catering
- Principles of promoting food and beverage services and products
- Supervising food and beverage service
- Legislation in food and beverage
- Prepare and serve wines
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and cold non-alcoholic beverages
- Supervise hospitality events
- Prepare and serve cocktails
- Barista skills