Level 1 Introduction to Hair and Beauty (City & Guilds)
If you want a career as a hairdresser or beauty therapist, or to work in the
hair and beauty industry in general, then this course is the perfect place for
you to start.
This course introduces you to the career options of beauty therapy, hairdressing and media make-up. You will study basic beauty, hair and media make-up techniques enabling you to gain experience in a variety of subjects, including, face painting, manicures, hair styling and shampooing. Successful completion can lead onto Level 2 Beauty, Hairdressing or media Make-up Programmes.
The department has three commercial themed salons fitted with excellent facilities to match that of industry, all fitted with top of the range equipment. The staff are all fully trained to advanced level, and have considerable experience of working within the industry. Your success and enjoyment of the course is important to us and we train only to the highest professional industry standards in every aspect including salon behaviour and professional ethics
- Presenting a professional image in a salon.
- Shampooing and conditioning.
- Styling women’s hair.
- Plaiting and twisting hair.
- Basic make-up application.
- Providing basic manicure treatment.
- Providing basic pedicure treatment.
- Creating a hair and beauty image.
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector.
Qualification Type: City and Guilds
Study Location: Epping Forest Campus
Study Time: Day
Course Duration: 36 weeks
- GCSE English and Maths at Grades 3-1 (D-G) and two further GCSEs at Grade 2 (F).
- Satisfactory school reference
You could further progress onto your chosen area of interest at level 2 in Beauty, Hairdressing or Media Make-up. Study Days: Timetable Dependant
Who is the course available for: 16-18
Course Fees: £1735.00
Important note about fees: *(16-18 year-olds pay no course fee. Many adults pay no or low fees, subject to their circumstances. Please enquire at enrolment.)