Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
This qualification is aimed at a range of learners who are thinking of working in a school setting including: young people, mature learners, learners with special educational needs or where English is an additional language.
There are 3 mandatory units attached to the qualification and they
Understand schools as organisations
Understand how to keep children and young people healthy, safe and well Understand how to communicate with children, young people and adults.
The course will start in September 2019 and it will be delivered in 15-20
This qualification will be internally assessed using a range of methods, which could include written assignments or tasks such as designing a leaflet or booklet, charts or diagrams, or setting up an information board.
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Help improve own and team practice in schools
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young peoples health and safety
- Support children and young peoples positive behaviour
- Support learning activities
Qualification Type: Certificate
Study Location: Tower Hamlets Campus
Study Time: Days
Course Duration: 30 weeks
Learners must be at least 16 years old. You need to have 2 or 3 GCSEs grade 2 or above including English Language and Maths. If no GCSEs, college assessment at Entry Level 3. No placement is required at this LevelWhere does it lead:
The next level of course that is available is Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & LearningStudy Days: Wednesday 9:15am-12pm
Who is the course available for: Adult
Course Fees: £738.00
Fees Disclaimer: *(Courses offered to 16-18 students are free. Adults(19+) students will have to pay fees subject to their circumstances please enquire at enrolment).