*Many adults pay no or low fees, depending on their circumstances.
English and maths GCSE at Grade 3 or better. You will also need to have a good report from your school.
This course is suitable for those wishing to enter the construction industry as a Site Carpenter. You will need to be prepared to work outside and on a building site in a safe manner.
Study Units include:
- How to store and handle materials
- Basic working platforms (tower scaffolding)
- Working effectively and safely as a team
- Hanging doors
- Fixing architrave and skirting
- Fixing door frames and linings
- Case in services
- Laying joisting and floors
- Erecting trussed rafter roofs