GCSE maths and English or equivalent at grade D. You will undertake a written assessment and an interview and you will need to provide a satisfactory reference.
This is an excellent qualification for any learner looking for a professional career in health or social care. It is an introductory course, and is ideal qualification for those who may be looking towards a career change and want to understand more about health and social care.
We recommend learners to have a good interest to learn new skills and knowledge.
You will study a range of units that will develop your knowledge and skills to help start your career in the Health and Social Care Sector.
You will be required to attend college and attend a work placement in a Health or Social Care setting.
- Communication in adult social care settings
- Personal development in adult social care settings
- Diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
- Safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- The role of the care worker
- Person-centred approaches in adult social care settings
- Health and safety in social care settings
- How to handle information in social care settings