You will be expected to have a good level of English and Maths and must also have a satisfactory interview with our Motor Vehicle course staff. All applicants will be asked to take part in a skills assessment prior to enrolment.
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in a job within the motor vehicle maintenance and repair industry. It will give you the chance to achieve the industry-standard Institute of the Motor Industry Diploma at Level 1. Successful students can progress to study and achieve the Level 2 Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Diploma after a further year of study.
This qualification is specifically designed to engage and motivate you if you are interested in learning about the maintenance and repair of motor vehicles and the various jobs that are available within the motor vehicle industry.
You will study a range of units that may include:
- Health and safety practices in vehicle maintenance
- Tools, equipment and materials for vehicle maintenance
- Automotive foundation skills
- Spark ignition engine systems, components and operation
- Compression ignition engine systems, components and operation
- Engine liquid cooling and lubrication systems, components and operation
- Steering and suspension systems, components and maintenance
- Vehicle braking systems, components and maintenance
- Vehicle wheels and tyres, construction and maintenance
- Vehicle exhaust systems, components and maintenance
- Vehicle driveline maintenance
- Spark ignition system maintenance
- Introduction to spark ignition fuel systems