New City College is delighted you are interested in our college. We are confident we have the right course for you, to help you achieve your future career goals and ambitions.
We are the fourth largest college group in the UK with campuses across Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Redbridge, Epping Forest and Havering. Be assured though, that whilst we have increased in size and scale, we retain our strong local identities and campuses in each borough, continuing to provide a strong choice of courses for our communities.
We are proud of all our students and the success they achieve. You will join a college that will support you and drive you at every stage so that you achieve your very best. It will be the best decision you can make.
How to Apply
First of all, find your course! You can search on our course finder (site search), explore our courses at each campus (use the campus dropdown menu), or browse our course listings (select from the course dropdown menu). Whichever route you take, you’ll be sure to find the course that suits you and your exciting new career.
Once you find your course, click on the ‘Apply now’ button which will add your course in your basket. Once you are sure you want to apply, all you need to do is ‘checkout’ your course, and fill in your details! Our Customer Services team will then be in touch with you to talk through your offer of a place and your fantastic time ahead.
Course Advice and Applications
If you would like to speak to someone about any of our courses, or need help with an application, you can contact our advice teams on 020 8502 8778 or firstname.lastname@example.org or you can fill in our Course Enquiry online form.
Or you can fill in our Course Enquiry online form
Entry requirements. To enrol at New City College (16-18 year-olds)
We expect all our students to show that they are committed and to work hard. A school report or reference is essential. As well as this, applicants will need the following grades to get a place on a course.
Level 3 Vocational Programmes: 5 GCSEs grade 4 or above – including English and maths (some areas require specific subjects at GCSE).
A Level: Generally, we expect at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 9-5 to include English and maths at Grade 5. There are specific requirements for some subjects which will be discussed when you come to enrol. 5 GCSEs at 9-5 to include English.
Level 2: Minimum 4 Grade 3s. Some subjects have other agreed requirements, including DBS, prior associated qualification at level 1, audition or portfolio.
Level 1: Suitability will be established at an interview, with qualifications and subject-specific skills taken into account.
Why choose New City College?
Ever wondered the difference between college and school? Here’s a useful break down for you:
At New City College we encourage independent thinking and offer a learning environment which stretches and challenges you. You will stand out from the crowd.
- You can explore the world with us
There are so many ways to get a window to the world while you’re here - our career ready programme gives you exclusive access to internships with UK’s leading employers, one-to-one mentoring and trips to influential organisations overseas.
- You will get more than a qualification with us
From Kickboxing to Badminton and African dance to Street dance, you will be spoilt for choice here with over 30 enrichment activities and a range of trips and events.
- Award winning Learning Companies
Our courses are designed to provide you with practical hands-on training and real-life experiences. You will work on real-life projects and briefs for real business clients. Our Learning Companies offer you as a student the opportunity to manage a business as a central part of your studies, and to earn real money! We run a number of businesses across our curriculum, all with the aim of giving students real experience of working with real clients, delivering real projects and making money. You run the companies, with support from your teachers, getting great work experience which you can put on your CV, to help stand out from the crowd! See the Learning Companies you can work for here.
- We welcome everyone
We welcome students and staff from a wide diversity of backgrounds. We are continuously investing in ways to help all staff and students to develop their full potential.
- Student Support
You’ll be always supported while you’re here. Our students benefit from financial guidance, emotional, curriculum and employability support. See below for more details.
- Flexible learning pattern
Committing to studying needn’t mean leaving your job – indeed, ongoing work experience and applied learning is an important component of most courses. We offer choices that enable students to design their working pattern around their lifestyle.
- check out our short film on Why College may be right for you
10 things to know before you arrive
We've put together this handy list to help you prepare yourself for your new life as a New City College student before you arrive on campus.
- Sort out your travel journey
- Connect with us on social media @ncclondon (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- You will need your student reference or Year 11 Report and relevant qualifications certificate
- Enrol on your Virtual Learning Environment
- Know what to do if you have additional support needs
- Confirm your course induction timetable
- Complete your pre-arrival tasks
- Be ready to take part in our Freshers fair
- Get involved with your Student’s Union
Facilities on campus
Attlee | Epping | Hackney | Redbridge | Tower Hamlets | Havering
- Learning Centres including Libraries
- Learning Zones providing drop in support
- Enrichment Classes
- Sport facilities
- On-site restaurants and coffee bars
- Childcare and Nursery (Onsite nurseries at Arbour Square Tower Hamlets, Ardleigh Green, Hackney)
- Additional learning support
- Mental health support
- Multi-faith rooms
- And many many more
All the support you need
Make the most of college life. Don’t forget, due to Brexit, students who do not have settled status in the UK will need to apply so that you can continue to stay on their course in 2021. See this link for full information.
At New City College we support you in making the most of your time at college. We celebrate diversity, challenge inequality and work hard to create a learning and working environment that enables you to express your whole self.
We have a range of services geared up to guide you through your college journey - from the moment you arrive, to the day you embark on the next step of your career.
We know it can be challenging deciding how and where to study, planning your career and setting yourself the right targets to get there.
The Careers Advice team is available to all students at all stages of their college journey.
Need help deciding which course is right for you? Our friendly course advice team can help you decide and guide you through the application and enrolment process.
Our confidential counselling service is here to help students through difficult times such as relationship difficulties, family issues, anxiety, exam stress depression and any other personal circumstances that are emotionally difficult and may interfere with their learning.
Funds are allocated to students needing support with materials and other educational costs. These include the 16-18 bursary, the college’s 19+ bursary and the bursary for students taking out an advanced learner loan. We also provide free school meals for eligible students.
Our Additional Learning Support team are here to assist with your studies. Students can access support ranging from specialist assessment or screening, one-to-one study mentoring and special examination access arrangements, in-class support and specialist assistance for people with hearing and/or visual impairments.
Our confidential mental health advisers are here to help you with one to one support, such as emotional and practical advice, information, advocacy and signposting to internal and external services.
- Student enrolment: 3 - 5 September 2020
- Term starts: 7 September 2020
- Autumn half term: 26 - 30 October 2020
- Christmas break: 21 December – 5 January 2021
- Winter half term: 15 – 19 February 2021
- Easter break: 1-16 April 2021
- Spring half term: 31 May – 4 June 2020
- End of term: 23 July 2020
Your pathway to university
Applying to New City College could mean you are already on your pathway to a degree. We have very strong links with a range of universities and we will support you all the way.
- Any Level 3 course - BA Primary Education 3-11 (with Qualified Teacher Status) or BA Education Studies at University of Cumbria
- Level 3 in Child Care and Education - Level 4 Foundation Degree (FdA) in Childhood Studies at London Metropolitan University
- Level 3 NCFE CACHE course to Level 5 Foundation Degree (FDA) in Early Years, validated by University of Hertfordshire
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma In Public Services to BSc Professional Policing at University of Cumbria
- Level 5 Diploma Teacher Education - BA (Top Up) Education Studies at University of Cumbria
- Level 5 Foundation Degree (FDA) Early Childhood Studies to BA (Top Up) Practice Development (Health and Social Care) at University of Cumbria
- Level 5 FoundatioN Degree (FDA) in Early Years to BA in Early Childhood Studies at the University of Hertfordshire
- HND Business - BA (Top Up) Global Business Management at University of Cumbria
University links include:
- London Metropolitan University (Ask your questions about HE - Tuesdays, 3:30pm - visit the VLE for further information)
- London South Bank
- Coventry University
- University of Cumbria
- University of Hertfordshire