Role: The Corporation:
- Determines and periodically reviews the educational character and mission of the institution and oversees its activities;
- Approves the Colleges quality strategy
- Ensures the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the College and safeguards its assets.
- Approves annual estimates of income and expenditure.
- Has responsibility for the appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of the pay and conditions of service of the holders of senior posts and the Clerk to the Corporation; and sets a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff.
The Corporation is accountable to SFA for the use of public funds and has ultimate responsibility for the College’s management and administration.
- The Statutory Instrument & Articles of Government
- Corporation Standing Orders
- The English Colleges Code of Governance
- The Post 16 Audit Code of Practice (ACOP)
- Statement of Non-Adoption of the CUC Remuneration Code
Statement on seeking the views of staff and students
The Audit Committee
Role: The Committee responsible for providing assurance to the Board on the system of internal controls, risk management and financial probity.
Membership: Thana Nathan, Marina Antoniou, Neil Yeomans, Gareth Wall
Audit Committee Terms of Reference
- (The) Post 16 Audit Code of Practice (JACOP)
The Curriculum, Quality & Standards Committee
Role: The Committee responsible for reviewing, monitoring and advising the Board on the overall quality, standards and performance of the College including its responsiveness to learners and employers.
Membership: Vivien Bailey OBE, Nikki Makinwa Diana Murray, Cynthia Griffiths Gerry McDonald, Ravji Pindoria
The Finance & General Purposes Committee
Role: The Committee responsible for considering the College's financial management and planning arrangements, estates and human resource strategy and policy and making recommendations to the Board where appropriate.
Membership: Stephen Critoph, Marilyn Hawkins,Rob Hull Gerry McDonald, Lutfey Sadiqqi
Finance & General Purposes Committee Terms of Reference
- The Financial Memorandum
The Remuneration Committee
Role: The Committee responsible for making recommendations to the Board relating to the pay, conditions of service and performance targets for holders of senior posts and the Clerk to the Corporation.
Membership: Stephen Critoph, Rob Hull, Lutfey Siddiqi, Marilyn Hawkins, Neil Yeomans
The Search Committee
Role: The Committee responsible for making recommendations to the Board about the appointment of new members and ensuring fair and equitable processes are in place for the search for new governors.
Membership: Rob Hull, Marilyn Hawkins, Neil Yeomans, Gerry McDonald, Diana Murray, Vivian Bailey