Level 2 Diploma In Applied Science And Technology
This course gives learners the knowledge, understanding, and skills that will enable them to progress to qualifications in a science or technology-related area at a higher level or to employment in a science or technology-related area. You will undertake exciting experiments that relate to real-life working principles, under real laboratory conditions.
What will I study
- Chemistry and our earth
- Energy and our universe
- Biology and our environment
You will also cjoose from the additional units:
- Applications of chemical substances
- The living body
- Investigating a crime scene
- Exploring our universe.
Course Target: 16-18
Qualification Type: Diploma
Study Location: Redbridge Campus
Where Does It Lead:
On successful completion of this course you will have the opportunity to further enhance your skills and knowledge by progressing on to the BTEC Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma in Applied Science at New City College. You will also have the option to enter employment, where potential roles could include:
- Quality control technician/analyst: carrying out analytical tests using modern instrumentation and ICT and interpreting data/li>
- Medical physics technician: supporting the use of x-ray and other imaging/scanning instruments in a hospital
- Research laboratory technician: working on the development of new drugs, managing projects which include setting up apparatus, measuring and handling chemical substances, following procedures, carrying out observations and measurements, separating out and analyzing products.
You need to have three GCSEs at Grade 3 or above, including English and maths at grade, Level 1 qualification and Level 1 functional skills or NVQ1/VRQ 1Course Duration: 1 Year
Study Days: Monday-Friday
Study Time: Days 9am-5pm
Course Fees: £1735.00
Fees Disclaimer: *(Courses offered to 16-18 students are free. Adults(19+) students will have to pay fees subject to their circumstances please enquire at enrolment).