Level 1 Mathematics Functional Skills
These classes are for students who want to improve their numeracy skills. The purpose of this qualification is to develop your understanding and skills in:
- Representing - selecting the mathematics and information to model a situation.
- Analysing - processing and using mathematics.
- Interpreting - interpreting and communicating the results of the analysis. On this one year course, you will study at a level that is right for you, from Entry Level to Level 1.
- You need to be committed to your studies, attend all of your lessons and complete homework.
- At the end of the year, you will take an exam and gain a Functional Skills qualification. Functional Skills can give you a strong foundation in maths that you need to progress onto GCSE level courses and employment.
- We also offer English courses at our Redbridge campus during the day Monday to Friday, and on Monday and Wednesday evenings.
Course Target: Adult
Qualification Type: Certificate
Study Location: Redbridge Campus
Where Does It Lead:
Study a maths degree at university, or a degree with a high level of mathematical content, such as Actuarial Science, or Engineering. Some of the most prestigious universities require students to have Further Maths A level in order to study maths
Alternatively, you could go straight into work or an apprenticeship in the financial sector
Further Maths will increase your options in competitive fields such as medicine, science and health, engineering, economics and business
Grade 8 or above in GCSE Maths
You must also be taking A-level Maths
Study Days: Timetable Dependent
Study Time: Mon - Fri 11.00am and 3.00pm Tues and Thurs 5.45pm - 9.00pm
Course Fees: £382.00
Fees Disclaimer: *(Courses offered to 16-18 students are free. Adults(19+) students will have to pay fees subject to their circumstances please enquire at enrolment).