Important note about fees: Many adults pay no or low fees, depending on their circumstances.
- Age 19+
- Lived in the EU for 3 years.
The annual Crime Survey estimates that almost 2.5 Million adults experience domestic abuse each year. In addition, one in five children witness or experience domestic abuse in their childhood.
Although it is often an under reported crime, with most cases of domestic abuse kept hidden. The new Domestic Abuse Act 2021 makes prosecuting domestic abuse more straightforward, and offersmore protection to those who are being abused, but cases still need to be identified and responses need to be effective.
This course covers four units
- Unit 1: Understand Domestic Abuse
- Unit 2 : Understand the signs and risk factors associated with domestic abuse
- Unit 3: Understand the impact of domestic abuse on an individual
- Unit 4: Understand policy, response and intervention in relation to domestic abuse
This qualification is for anyone who has a responsibility to respond to domestic abuse or supportthose experiencing domestic abuse.
This includes employers, teachers, health and social care workers and anyone involved in safeguarding vulnerable adults, children or young people.