Working with children and young people is demanding but it is the most fulfilling work you can do. There is a high demand for early years qualified staff and this course aims to meet this demand by focusing on theory and practice of the study of the play, development, and learning of children from birth to six years of age.
The course is designed to meet the professional and personal learning needs of all those working with primary-aged children. It is aimed at classroom and learning support assistants in primary education settings, for example, people working as childminders or in a group setting, such as a nursery, kindergarten, preschool, community creche, or children's center environment.
What Will I Study?Year 1 Unit
Year 2 Unit
- adult as children learners
- perspective in children's development
- understanding play
- safeguarding young children's health and well-being
- challenging equalities in early childhood
- approaches to pedagogy and curriculum in the early years
- personal, social and emotional developmental matters
- creative thinking and representation from birth to six
- communication in multi-lingual contexts
Student finance information on student loans is available at the www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance.vFor loan application the institution is LONMT (short for London Metropolitan University) the institution code is L68 and the course code is X945-H