Level 1 Diploma or City and Guilds Level 1, or English and Maths at GCSE grade 3 or above. You will also need a good report from your school.
This course is designed for students looking to work in the motor vehicle industry. You will get the opportunity to put theory into practice in our well-equipped, on-campus garage.
Study units include:
- Advanced engine operating principles
- Fuel and exhaust systems
- Spark and ignition
- Wheels and tyres
- Steering and suspension
- Routine maintenance
- Removal and replacement of vehicle units
- Diagnosis and rectification of vehicle faults
- Learning safe and correct workshop procedures
- How to use specialist tools and equipment