Working with children and young people is demanding but it is the most fulfilling work you can do. There is a high demand for early years qualified staff and this course aims to meet this demand by focusing on theory and practice of the study of the play, development and learning of children from birth to six years of age.
The course is designed to meet the professional and personal learning needs of all those working with primary aged children. It is aimed at classroom and learning support assistants in primary education settings, for example, people working as childminders or in a group setting, such as a nursery, kindergarten, preschool, community creche or children's centre environment.
Course Duration and Delivery Structure
The course duration is 2 years and the times/hours are: 2.5 days per week, 9am - 5pm
What Will I Study
Year 1 Unit
- -Adult as Children Learners
- -Perspective in Childrens Development
- -Understanding Play
- -Safeguarding Young Childrens Health and Well-being
Year 2 Unit
- -Challenging Equalities in Early Childhood
- -Approaches to Pedagogy and Curriculum in the Early Years
- -Personal, Social and Emotional Developmental Matters
- -Creative Thinking and Representation from Birth to Six
- -Communication in Multi-Lingual Contexts
Download the full course guide here
To see official information about this course and others visit DiscoverUni.
This Foundation Degree is taught at New City College Hackney and is validated by London Metropolitan University
further information including course application is available via the weblink:
Alternatively contact Higher.Education@ncclondon.ac.uk
Information on student loans is available via the Weblink
For loan application the institution is LONMT (short for London Metropolitan University) the institution code is code is L68 and the course code is X945-H