GCSE grades A* to C and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) or Level 2 Functional Skills in math and English may be considered, 16-64 UCAS points from AS and A-Levels or Level 3 qualification in related subjects or Access to HE Diploma
Mature (over 21) students, who do not meet these academic qualifications but have relevant work or life experience will be considered.
Applicants are expected to attend an interview and may take College assessment for English and Math.
Culinary Arts Management is a versatile course that will give you the opportunity to excel in the food and beverage industry. In the kitchen, expect to learn innovative recipes, develop skills in patisserie, butchery and fishmongery and gain an understanding of food sustainability.
Whilst outside of the kitchen, you will develop skills in managing and planning hospitality/catering events, understanding menu development and managing the customers experience. Overall, this course will provide you with all the key skills, knowledge and understanding required to begin a successful career in the food and beverage industry.
Course Duration and Delivery Structure
The course duration is 2 years and the times/hours are: 2.5 days per week, 9am - 5pm
What Will I Study
Year 1 Unit
- -The Contemporary Hospitality Industry
- -Managing the Customer Experience
- -Professional Identity and Practice
- -The Hospitality Business Toolkit
- -Creative Patisserie and Artisan Bakery
- -Butchery and Fishmongery
- -Work Experience
- -Leadership and Management for Service Industries (Pearson-set)
Year 2 Unit
- -Hospitality Consumer Behaviour and Insight
- -Hospitality Supply Chain Management
- -Menu Development, Planning and Design
- -Creative Kitchen Management
- -Food Innovation
- -Managing and Planning an Event
- -Research Project (Pearson-set)
Download the full course guide here
To see official information about this course and others visit DiscoverUni.