This work-based qualification is aimed at assessors working in learning and development who assess occupational competence in an individual’s work environment.
New City College has an excellent reputation as one of London’s leading centres for the delivery of accessor qualifications. The college provides all physical resources in line with health and safety policies and current equality legislation to support the delivery and assessment of the qualifications. All delivery staff have relevant expertise, occupational experience and engage in continuing professional development.
About the Course
To attain the Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment each delegate must achieve 9 credits from the mandatory units below.
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment (3 credits)
- Assess occupational competencies in the work environment (6 credits)
To successfully achieve each unit, the delegates must:
- Achieve all the specified learning outcomes
- Achieve all the assessment criteria by providing sufficient and valid evidence
- Show that the evidence is their own
Examples of the types of evidence required include:
- Personal statement and/or reflective accounts
- Professional discussion
- Assignment, project/case studies
- Expert witness testimony
- Recognition of prior learning
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand different types of assessment methods
- Understand how to plan assessments
- Understand how to involve learners and others in assessments
- Understand how to make assessment decisions
- Understand quality assurance of the assessment process
- Understand how to manage information relating to assessment
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
- Plan the assessment of occupational competence
- Make assessment decisions about occupational competence
- Provide required information following the assessment of occupational competence
- Maintain legal and good practise requirements when assessing occupational competence
The course is programmed for 12 months, but can be completed within 6 to 8 months depending on the availability of the learner and the quality of evidence produced.
Cost: £800 per delegate
Successful delegates may benefit from career enhancement and/or progression to
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Occupational Competence i.e. to be evidenced by the experience of working within the industry to assess in, and any relevant qualifications achieved
- Access to two learners to work with
Working in Partnership with New City College
New City College is the fourth largest college in the UK and the second-largest in London. Because of this we can offer the employers we work with a whole host of additional extras:
- Organisationally branded and tailored training
- A CSR strategic partner
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Delivered on-site or at one of our campuses across east London and south Essex
- Training programmes can be once-off or integrated to meet the organisation’s annual training requirements
- Advanced leadership training options and progression routes
- NCC Business plus benefits scheme available to all our clients includes free campus gym memberships, discounted office and venue hire including our new OKN1 restaurant in Hackney
Once normal business resumes we will be setting out our new course start dates. Alternatively, if you would like further information on an individual application or you are an employer that wants to start planning your future training needs please complete this form.
Getting enrolled on one of our courses is quick and easy. For more information, give us a call on 020 7613 9031 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will talk you through the enrolment process, and provide any information you need.