Frequently Asked Questions for Employers
Key FAQS for Employers
- An Apprentice can be any age, as long as they are at least 16 years old and above.
- An Apprentice needs a contract of employment for a minimum of 30 hours per week (including time spent at College)
- The cost for Apprenticeship Training is fully funded by the Education and Skills Funding Agency if the apprentice is aged 16-18 years or 19-24 with an Education, Health and Care Plan. (An additional payment of £1,000 is paid to an employer for recruiting a 16-18 year old, in order to help with their development)
- If you pay the Apprenticeship Levy the Government will apply a 10% top up to the funds you have for spending on apprenticeship training
- If you don’t pay the Apprenticeship Levy the Government will pay 90% towards the cost of anyone working towards an apprenticeship qualification.
Go back to Hire an Apprentice