All Level 2 subjects require a minimum of four grade 3 GCSEs in total.
Students will combine this course with up to three other GCSEs. Graphic Design is the practical side of visual communication that combines images, words and ideas. The course will develop your problem solving abilities and you will use a variety of creative communication techniques. Graphics combines illustration, print-making, typography and computer-based design skills. This course will help you to develop a positive and creative approach.
You can expect to:
- Develop problem solving skills which you can apply to design briefs
- Develop creative communication skills
- Explore the work of other artists and designers to use as practical inspiration
- Develop your photography skills as an approach to research
- Develop practical experimentation skills to broaden your approach to design problems
- Create a variety of outcomes such as logos, CD covers, book covers and album covers
- Develop a positive and creative approach to your studies which will benefit your work across all areas of study
Other courses that combine well are the Art and Photography GCSE, and most other Level 2 BTEC courses offered here.
On this course you will solve creative problems covering a wide range of computer graphics. You will learn Photoshop and Illustrator skills that provide a solid platform for students wishing to progress to the A Level Graphics course or a range of other creative courses. In addition to this you will combine practical print-making with Photoshop skills to develop a broader range of approaches to design. Many students progress to creative arts Level 3 courses from this GCSE but the success rate is high if your target is raising your point score and progressing to other subjects at Level 3.