English Language and Maths grade 3 plus 2 other grade 3 GCSEs.
The course aims to inspire and motivate students considering a career in health and social care, or a related sector, by providing knowledge and understanding of the care values in a range of health and social care settings. Students will be given the opportunity to explore the different life stages individuals go through, and the effects that biological and lifestyle factors have on their health and development.
This course consists of two core units that form the fundamental knowledge and understanding of health and social care principles, along with two mandatory units and optional specialist units. These units provide an opportunity to develop a broader understanding of the health and social care sector, including lifestyle choices that can affect an individual's health as well as effective communication skills. Learning materials draw on current practice and enhance the development of the skills required for employment in health and social care settings. You can expect to:
- Develop an understanding of the skills needed in a health and social care setting
- Be motivated to work consistently and independently
- Manage time and understand the importance of deadlines
- Take part in discussions, role plays and give presentations
- Develop independent research skills
- Develop communication skills and apply them to a range of health and social care settings
This course is suitable for students who are working towards achieving Level 2 English and/or Mathematics qualifications and wish to complement their programme with a course that supports preparation for work or progression. This course can also be taken alongside other BTEC Level 2 courses.