Level 4 Pearson Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Computing
Are you an adult learner who has been away from education for a while and would like to go back to Higher Education? Have you completed a level 3 IT course before or have worked in the sector and would like to gain a recognised qualification? If the answer is yes, then, HNC could be the right course for you. At New City College London (Tower Hamlets College), the HNC in Computing and Systems Development is delivered by teachers who are industry experts with extensive experience and a proven record of accomplishment of delivering Computing courses.
The Level 4 HNC Diploma in Computing and Systems Development (QCF) provides a specialist programme of study that covers the key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required in the computing sector and offers particular specialist emphasis through the choice of specialist units. BTEC Level 4 HNCs provide a nationally recognised qualification offering career progression and professional development for those already in employment and opportunities to progress into higher education. Most of our HNC students have progressed to the second year of a Degree program.
The course will cover the following modules:
- Professional Practice
- Database Design and Development
- Managing a successful computing project
- Computer Systems Architecture
- Software Development Lifecycles
- Website Design and Development
To attain the Pearson Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Computing, you must achieve a minimum of 120 credits.
Qualification Type: Higher Education
Study Location: Tower Hamlets Campus
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate or another Level 3 qualification or equivalent in Computing or a related subject area e.g. BTEC Extended Diploma, Advanced Diploma, AVCE etc. These must be achieved with a minimum grade of merit or;
- Grade C or above - A Level in addition to grades A*-C in GCSE English and Maths
- Appropriate work experience and other achievements in Computing & ICT field will be considered
- Non-native English speakers or who have not studied the final two years of school in English, should demonstrate capability in English at a standard commensurate with IELTS 5.5.
All applications will be considered subject to an interview and assessment in English and Maths.Where does it lead:
On finishing your HNC with us, you will be able to:
- Progress to level 5 HND, or
- Enter at Year 2 of a Computing related degree course at various universities; or
- You could enter employment
Who is the course available for: Adult
Course Cancellation Form: HE Course Cancellation Form
Who is the course available for: HE Terms & Conditions