Applicants will need to:
- Hold an honours degree or equivalent.
- Have GCSE English and Maths at Grade 4 (C) or above or equivalent Level 2 qualifications.
- Demonstrate professional suitability in motivation and enthusiasm for the subject and their career.
- Teaching and/or supporting students in an educational setting
- Attend an interview and complete a successful entry assessment with the programme team.
If you are interested in applying for the course, please contact the Admissions team for a Higher Education application form firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01708 455011.
*Fees payable per year of the course?
The MA Education programme is unique in its approach to delivering this qualification as it brings the various sectors together as well as practitioners, to broaden knowledge of methodologies and policies and sector contexts. The programme aims to develop deep knowledge and understanding of the wider context of education. This qualification is a classroom-based course incorporating a work placement.
You will study a selection of modules:
- Exploring Issues and Themes in Education 30 credits
- Supporting the Holistic Development of Learners 30 credits
- Advanced Research Design 30 credits
- Measuring Learning: Assessment and Feedback 30 credits
- Dissertation 60 credits
For part-time students, the course is studied over a period of two years. Attendance is 1 three-hour session per week. The course will take place at our Ardleigh Green campus.
This course is subject to approval by Bath Spa University for Academic Year 2021/22 start
The MA Education is an exciting and innovative part-time, two-year programme that is aimed at those working within the education sector who wish to study for a Master’s degree. One of the main features of this Master’s programme is that it is both vocational and academic highlighting the cross-disciplinary nature of the degree. The MA Education is classed as a professional practice master’s and seeks to build upon professional expertise as well as practice.
The course provides a selective approach into the wider perspectives of education and work-based learning. The programme also encourages healthy debate and discussion, building a deeper knowledge and understanding across a variety of sectors, taking in key aspects of learning through educational theory and policy, strategic methodology, professionalism and whole-organisational practices beyond the role of teaching. Havering Colleges, New City College is registered with the Office for Students.