You will need to have completed the AAT Level 3 qualification at Merit grade. It is also desirable to have GCSE grade 4 in Maths and English, or alternatively, a skills test can be completed which would require a Level 2 or above outcome. The professional diploma will suit you if you are already working in finance and would like a formal recognition of your study skills, or if you would like to go on to be an AAT full member (MAAT) or study chartered status.
On this course, you may be eligible for a HE Loan, find out more
The Professional Diploma enhances your skills further, covering complex accounting techniques and team leader skills. On completion, you will have mastered the art of drafting financial statements, managing budgets and evaluating financial performance, while also having the opportunity to specialise in areas such as tax, auditing and credit control. Topics covered include:
Professional qualification includes the following units:
- drafting and interpreting limited company accounts
- preparing draft budgets and revising them as required by the business
- measuring performance and preparing performance reports
- reviewing the finance function to identify risks and to make
- recommendations for improvements
- financial Statements for limited companies
- Management accounting: Budgeting
- management accounting: decisions and control
- accounting systems and controls
- business tax
- personal tax
This qualification is studied one day a week over four academic terms and all units are assessed through practical computer-based assessments.
This qualification also includes a Synoptic assessment, which draws on and tests your understanding of connections between different topics covered across the qualification. Students will have to apply for membership of AAT and purchase their study books.