Everyone can recall the name of a teacher who was particularly inspirational, or whose lessons were enjoyable. People learn in many different ways so there are all kinds of learning to suit all, delivered in a personalised style.
Our Diploma in Education and Training provides a professional teaching qualification for non-graduates and graduates, those seeking to work or already working within adult and community education, the hair and beauty industry, the catering industry, the legal profession, health services, social services, or the police and emergency services.
You may be keen to give something back, with the aim of sharing knowledge and inspiring others. You may be motivated by the chance to teach more fundamental skills. Or you may want to increase your skills and confidence, enabling you to effectively train others in your organisation.
What will I study?
The qualification is made up of mandatory and optional units at level 4 and 5, through which you will build up credits towards the Level 5 Diploma.
At Havering, Ardleigh Green, the following units are offered totalling 120 credits.
- Unit 01 Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training (20 credits)
- Unit 02 Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training (20 credits)
- Unit 03 Theories, principles and models in education and training (20 credits)
- Unit 04 Wider professional practice and development in education and training (15 credits)
- Unit 06 Action research (15 credits)
- Unit 08 Develop and prepare resources for learning and development (6 credits)
- Unit 16 Inclusive practice (15 credits)
- Unit 21 Preparing for the personal tutoring role (3 credits)
- Unit 25 Understanding and managing behaviours in a learning environment (6 credits)