What help is available?
There is a range of support available if you are concerned about financing your higher education studies.
1. Student Loans
Types of help for new full-time undergraduate higher education students include:
Tuition Fee Loans to cover the full cost of tuition fees
- Maintenance Loans to cover living costs
- Grants to cover living costs
- Students can also get extra support if they have children or adult dependants, or a disability or a specific learning difficulty.
Find out more about student loans for higher education:
Student Loans Company
Student Finance – How You Are Assessed
Student Loan Advice for HNCs and HNDs
- It is important that you apply for extra support e.g. Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA) at the same time that you apply for a student loan – it may not be available once your course has started.
- You do not need a confirmed offer of a college place before you can apply for a student loan. Apply as early as possible to prevent delays to your application.
If you choose to pay any part of the fee yourself the College offers an instalment plan to allow you to stagger your payments by Direct Debit.
3. Student Services
If you require any help or advice applying for your student loan, please speak to our trained advisors on 0330 135 9000
There is a College Higher Education Support Fund available for Higher Education. Please contact the Student Finance and Welfare Team for further information and details of eligibility if you are experiencing financial difficulties once you are enrolled.
4. Independent Financial Advice
It is important you consider your own circumstances and look into all options. You can access free independent financial advice from the Money Advice Service