New City College Group Principal and CEO Gerry McDonald has announced the New City College Hope Fund. Its primary purpose is to provide emergency financial assistance to New City College students and their families who need it through being directly affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
The fund may also be used to support the charitable or voluntary activities of New City College students or staff in response to situations caused by COVID-19.
The New City College Hope Fund will give one-off donations of between £50 and £250 in most instances, and will be administered as such that as many as possible who need support, may receive it.
We want to hear from you if:
- You or your family are in need of emergency financial assistance as a direct result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- You need financial support for a charitable or voluntary activity, in which you are personally involved, which supports front line workers or victims of COVID-19.
- You would like to contribute to the New City College Hope Fund.
Criteria for financial support from the New City College Hope Fund:
- You are a student enrolled at New City College in the 2019/20 year
- You have attended your course since 1 February 2020 and are not due to finish your course prior to 31 May 2020.
- You are facing financial difficulty as a direct result of the Covid-19 outbreak or
- You need financial support for a voluntary or charitable activity, in which you are personally involved, which supports front line workers or victims of Covid-19. (Student as outlined in 1&2 above, or New City College staff.)
Note: You do not need to meet eligibility criteria for usual college bursary support, to access this fund. If you meet the criteria above, you may apply.
Examples of emergency expenses covered by the fund include, but are not limited to:
- essential expenses relating to your study at New City College
- emergency food or utilities expenses
- sudden risk of homelessness
- sudden loss of earnings
- costs associated with medical care
- costs associated with bereavement of a close relative
The fund is intended to provide emergency support. It is not a long term solution to your financial difficulties.
If you would like to apply to the New City College Hope Fund please click here to complete the applicaton form.
If you have any questions about the New City College Hope Fund or need help completing your application, please email email@example.com