There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 health and social care related qualification.
This course is FREE for most, find out more
There are 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK today, with this number expected to rise to over one million by 2025. The Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care enables learners to develop knowledge and understanding of caring for individuals with dementia.
This course enables learners to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of dementia and its effects. Learners will gain an understanding of the types of dementia, the importance of early diagnosis and the role of communication, interaction and inclusion in dementia care and support.
- Understanding dementia
- How person-centered approaches are used to underpin the care and support of individuals with dementia Principles of communication and interaction
- Supporting positive interaction, occupation and activity in dementia
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care and support
- How to support individuals with dementia to exercise choice and rights
- Principles of the administration of medication and well-being of individuals with dementia