Helping our students progress to good universities, apprenticeships or the world of work
The CUBE is a purpose-built area for our award-winning Careers team who provide advice and guidance for students taking their next steps after college.
It is open during normal college hours and was highly praised during our last OFSTED inspection. It is extremely well stocked with careers and higher education resources, together with copies of prospectuses from all UK universities.
The CUBE stands for:
Careers: One-to-one careers appointments to discuss your career options
University: Advice on UCAS, choosing courses, personal statements and student finance
Business: Help finding work experience, internships and opportunities to enhance your CV
Employment: Advice on apprenticeships, CVs, job applications and interview skills
Careers events and higher education days are organised by The CUBE and these offer students the opportunity to meet university and employer representatives in college.
Students can get help with:
- UCAS applications
- Exploring all career options
- Finding a job or apprenticeship
- Writing a CV and covering letter
- Applying for jobs and apprenticeship schemes
- Preparing for an interview
- Providing opportunities for internships, work placements, insight days and summer schools with top city firms
- Presentations by speakers from global companies like PWC, KPMG and Ernst & Young (EY)
- Work experience and volunteering