You will require a counselling qualification at Level 3 with a minimum of 48 UCAS points.
GCSE English Language and Maths at grade 4 (C) or above. Please note, the college reserves the right to accept evidence of working towards a maths qualification upon completion of a successful interview.
A minimum age of 18 years is a requirement.
A current DBS (charges may apply) is needed. A current DBS is required for some placements (charges may apply).
Successful completion of interview is required. The session will include participation in a skills/role play activity; a written case study exercise; and a formal interview.
If you are interested in applying for the course, please apply via www.UCAS.com. Our institution code is H14 and the course code is BCX8.
On the BA (Hons) Integrative Counselling programme your study will be closely linked to your experience in the workplace. This is a classroom-based course incorporating a work placement.
You will study a selection of modules over the three years:
- Context of theory in Integrative Counselling 30 credits
- Counselling skills practice 30 credits
- Preparing to work in a diverse society 30 credits
- Readiness for Personal and Professional Practice 15 credits
- Development in the Human Lifespan 15 credits
- Application of theory in Integrative Counselling 30 credits
- Working in a diverse society 30 credits
- Client work 1 30 credits
- Exploring research 15 credits
- Ethics and professional practice 15 credits
- Counselling Evolution 15 credit
- Client work 2 15 credits
- Engaging with mental health issues 30 credits
- Counselling in a diverse society 15 credits
- Research project 45 credits
For full-time students, the course is studied over a period of three years. Attendance is two days per week plus completion of 150 client hours and completion of 60 hours of personal counselling. The course will take place at our Ardleigh Green campus.
This course is validated by Bath Spa University for the 2021/22 academic year.