Welcome to our Foundation Learning/SEND information at New City College, Tower Hamlets.
Click on the boxes below to explore our SEND Courses
We offer a range of interesting and creative courses for students that will help to develop their life skills. Our courses typically run for four days a week, 18 hours a week over the academic year.
Students benefit from a range of full-time courses which include:
- Reduced class sizes
- In-class learning mentor support
- Lunch and break time supervision
- Support with transport if necessary
- Personal care
- 1:1 support
- Learning zone (drop-in areas)
- Specialist software
- Exam access arrangements
- Mental Health Advisor
- Small group support
Learners can progress on to the next level in foundation learning or into mainstream vocational courses in the college.
Students can benefit from a range of full-time courses including:
- English – Entry level to GCSE
- Maths – Entry level to GCSE
- Enterprise – working together, planning, finances and running a business
- Work experience – supported and independent
- Independent Living Skills – shopping, cooking and managing money
- Out in the Community – travel training, personal safety and time management
- Healthy living – healthy eating, lifestyle and sports
- Vocational taster sessions in IT, catering, floristry, carpentry and motor vehicle
- Enrichment and visits
Many of our students learn how to travel to college independently and also gain valuable experience in running commercial enterprises like Café 24 and a floristy activity, in a safe and realistic work environment. And, our supported internship programme offers an employment pathway for young people seeking a route into paid work.
For more information about our SEND programme, please contact Louise Workman-Dent
020 7510 7696.