No formal requirements. Entry via successful interview.
The focus of this course is to introduce and develop the world of work and employability skills. The course is hands on and involves the learners undertaking practical activities in and out of the classroom setting.
This programme is a bespoke method of assessing and recording individual learner progress and focuses on their individual levels. The programme is linked to the learners EHCP and the Preparing for Adulthood pathway.
- Runs over four days per week.
- Study English and maths and build upon previous skills.
- Participate in enterprise activities and undertake work placement/experience, internal/external with support if required.
- Learners are fully supported in and out of the class if required.
Timetabled lessons Include:
- English and maths
- ICT (e safety, on line shopping, social media)
- Participation in Team Activities
- Improving own confidence
- Personal Hygiene
- Journey planning
- Customer Service
- Health and Safety in the workplace
- Job and interview skills.