FREE short courses leading to nationally recognised qualifications.
The College offers a range of free 10-12 week online courses that are both career and life enhancing. The courses are available to anyone aged 19 and over, and are undertaken at your own pace. The qualifications are recognised by employers and there are courses for everyone to use to build a stronger CV.
Online learning helps me to gain up to date qualifications relevant to the field I work in. It’s a great way to develop my skill set and because I can access it around my job and looking after children, it makes learning more flexible and more accessible for me.
Nicola Lillywhite completed the Counselling Skills Certificate.
Courses on offer include:
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviour That Challenges
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
- Level 2 Certificate in The Principles Of Customer Service
- Level 2 Certificate in Team Leading
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles Of Working With Individuals With Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 Certificate in Data Protection and Data Security
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- For your existing workforce (aged 19+)
- Lived in the EU for three years
What does the training programme offer?
- A nationally recognised Level 2 qualification in four to ten weeks
- Personal and professional development for staff designed to increase service standards
- Access to a professional trainer for the duration of the course
- An opportunity to study in your own time (following enrolment and induction session at our Hackney campus)
To enrol on one of these courses just click on the link below and one of our team will contact you to agree an induction date and time:
The assessments take place at our Hackney campus every Friday from 3-5pm or at employer's premises at a time convenient to you. At the assessment you will undertake a short English and maths test and then have an induction onto your chosen programme.
It normally takes four – ten weeks to complete the course at home. A specific tutor will be assigned to help you progress through the qualification.