We have a strong network of advice and support staff available at our college to help students with their individual needs
Student Services Team
Our student services team are on hand to offer valuable information, advice and guidance to students, whilst supporting in all aspects of college life including financial support whilst studying.
Our confidential counselling service is there to help students through difficult times such as relationship difficulties, family issues, depression and any other personal circumstances that are emotionally difficult and may interfere with their learning.
New students are allocated a ‘friend’ from their course among our continuing learners to help them settle in and find their way.
Mental Health Support
We offer practical on course support for students experiencing mental health difficulties to support success. This support can include;
- A confidential chat with a specialist mental health adviser
- Exploring reasonable adjustments
- Regular support throughout their learning journey
- Liaising and consulting with relevant College staff/external agencies
- Information and access to local mental health services
- Developing strategies to manage the demands of College life
Contact our Counselling service adivsors.
Theresa Boateng Theresa.email@example.com
Contact our Mental Health Advisers.
Tue, Wed - Redbridge Campus - 020 8502 8778
Our careers advice team offer guidance about the education students will need to enter a particular career, employment options relating to their skills and interests and help in creating and presenting their CV.
Students with learning, social or communication difficulties as well as those with practical and/or sensory disabilities, medical needs (or any other barriers to learning) can access support ranging from:
- General and specialist assessment or screening
- 1:1 study mentoring and special examination arrangements
- In-class support
- Specialist assistance for people with hearing and/or visual impairment
E-Bridge is our interactive online learning resource for students at our Redbridge campuses, where they can access course materials, keep in touch with tutors, submit assignments and track their progress.
Students will benefit from financial guidance and support as well as special benefits for students.
All students get:
- Free NUS discount card
- Free Citizenship Card (official UK ID card)
- Discounted 16+ Oyster travel card
Students may, depending on personal circumstances, qualify for:
- Free meal scheme
- Payment of any required kit, equipment or uniform
- 16-19 weekly bursary (£20-£33 per week)
- Termly grants for students aged 19+
- Support with Ofsted registered childcare costs
- Emergency support payments.
The student services team are on hand to support all students when they need it, including through the application process. They can be contacted on 0208 548 7402.