Level 5 Pearson Diploma in Teaching and Training (DET)
Everyone can recall the name of a teacher who was particularly inspirational, or whose lessons were enjoyable. People learn in many different ways so there are all kinds of learning to suit all, delivered in a personalised style. Our Education and Training programme provides a professional teaching qualification for non-graduates and graduates, those seeking to work or already working within adult and community education, the hair and beauty industry, the catering industry, the legal profession, the health services, social services, or the police and emergency services.
You may be keen to give something back, with the aim of sharing knowledge and inspiring others. You may be motivated by the chance to teach more fundamental skills. Or you may want to increase your skills and confidence, enabling you to effectively train others in your organisation.
What will I study?
The qualification is made up of mandatory and optional units at level 4 and 5, through which you will build up credits towards the Level 5 Diploma. At Hackney Community College, the following units are offered:Mandatory Units (Total 20 credits at level 4; 55 credits at level 5)
- Unit 1. Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Unit 2. Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Unit 3. Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training
- Unit 4. Wider Professional Practice and Development in Education and Training
- Unit 13. Developing, using and organizing Resources in a Specialist Area
- Unit 21. Inclusive Practice
- Unit 33. Working with Individual Learners
- Unit 32. Using Study Skills Approaches and Techniques to Enhance the Learning of others (additional optional unit)
Qualification Type: Higher Education
Study Location: Hackney Campus
GCSE grades A* to C and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) or Level 2 Functional Skills in math and English may be considered, 16-64 UCAS points from AS and A-Levels or Level 3 qualification in related subjects or Access to HE Diploma
Mature (over 21) students, who do not meet these academic qualifications but have relevant work or life experience will be considered.
Applicants are expected to attend an interview and may take College assessment for English and Math.Where does it lead:
Further studies: You can progress to a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
Job opportunities: You will have the skills and knowledge for employment in a range of careers including Teaching in Further Education or training in your chosen area or Work as a Freelancer.Course Fees: ££4250.00
Who is the course available for: Adult
Course Cancellation Form: HE Course Cancellation Form
Who is the course available for: HE Terms & Conditions