Management and Team Skills ILM Level 2 Award aims to give practising or potential team leaders the foundation for their formal development in this role. The programme has two primary objectives:
- To assist participants in gaining the basic knowledge required by team leaders
- To develop basic team leading skills
Successful completion of the Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills provides eligibility for Associate membership (AMInstLM) of the Institute of Leadership & Management.
About the Course
This course is ideal for people new to leadership and management, or who have some experience but no formal training. The programme is designed to help delegates boost their performance and help them make the transition from working in a team to leading a team. If delegates are practising team leaders, this programme will help them to be more effective and confident in their roles.
Delegates must complete to a satisfactory national standard three work-based assignments on the units below:
- Developing yourself as a team leader
- Improving the performance of the work team
- Enterprise awareness
In addition to group work in class, delegates will be given external work for each unit and will need to undertake some independent study including background reading, completing a Personal Development Record and providing answers to support their work-based assignments.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the difference between leadership and management
- Learn core leadership and management skills
- Learn how to improve team performance
- Identify an appropriate style of leadership to achieve desired goals
- Identify the personal qualities that give them leadership authority
Each cohort is taught out of our Hackney campus. There will be six classroom sessions completed over six weeks.
Cost: £600 per delegate
Successful participants may benefit from career enhancement and/or progress to
- Level 3 Diploma in Management
- Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership
ILM level 2 award in leadership and team skills – Group Option
The group option is perfect for businesses that have a number of delegates suitable for management training but want to keep the programme in house and organisationally centred. Training materials will be branded and group work will focus on the organisations’ processes and culture. This will aid communication among teams, increase awareness of best practices and influence the behaviours expected of the organisation’s leadership.
Working in Partnership with New City College
New City College is the fourth largest college in the UK and the second-largest in London. Because of this we can offer the employers we work with a whole host of additional extras:
- Organisationally branded and tailored training
- A CSR strategic partner
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Delivered on-site or at one of our campuses across east London and south Essex
- Training programmes can be once-off or integrated to meet the organisation’s annual training requirements
- Advanced leadership training options and progression routes
- NCC Business plus benefits scheme available to all our clients includes free campus gym memberships, discounted office and venue hire including our new OKN1 restaurant in Hackney
Once normal business resumes we will be setting out our new course start dates. Alternatively, if you would like further information on an individual application or you are an employer that wants to start planning your future training needs please complete this form.
Getting enrolled on one of our ILM management courses is quick and easy. For more information, give us a call on 020 7613 9031 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will talk you through the enrolment process, and provide any information you need.