This course provides candidates with the knowledge and skills to internally quality assure assessment decisions. It is specifically for qualified assessors with responsibility for internal quality assurance within a training organisation.
New City College has an excellent reputation as one of London’s leading centres for the delivery of accessor qualifications. The college provides all physical resources in line with health and safety policies and current equality legislation to support the delivery and assessment of the qualifications. All delivery staff have relevant expertise, occupational experience and engage in continuing professional development.
About the Course
To attain the Level 4 Award in The Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice each candidate must achieve 12 credits from the mandatory units below.
- Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment (6 credits)
- Internally assure the quality of assessment (6 credits)
To successfully achieve each unit, the learner must:
- Achieve all the specified learning outcomes
- Achieve all the assessment criteria by providing sufficient and valid evidence
- Show that the evidence is their own
Examples of the types of evidence required include:
- Personal statement and/or reflective accounts
- Professional discussion
- Assignment, project/case studies
- Expert witness testimony
- Recognition of prior learning
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the context and principles of internal quality assurance
- Understand how to plan the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Understand techniques and criteria for monitoring the quality of assessment internally
- Understand how to internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Understand how to manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Understand the legal and good practise requirements for the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Plan the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Internally evaluate the quality of assessment
- Internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Maintain legal and good practise requirements when internally monitoring and maintaining the quality of assessment
The course is programmed for 12 months, but can be completed within 6 to 8 months depending on the availability of the learner and the quality of evidence produced.
Cost: £1000 per delegate
Successful participants may benefit from career enhancement and/or progression to a diploma in education.
- Occupational Competence i.e. to be evidenced by the experience of working within the industry to assess in, and any relevant qualifications achieved
- Access to two Assessors to work with
Working in Partnership with New City College
New City College is the fourth largest college in the UK and the second-largest in London. Because of this we can offer the employers we work with a whole host of additional extras:
- Organisationally branded and tailored training
- A CSR strategic partner
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Delivered on-site or at one of our campuses across east London and south Essex
- Training programmes can be once-off or integrated to meet the organisation’s annual training requirements
- Advanced leadership training options and progression routes
- NCC Business plus benefits scheme available to all our clients includes free campus gym memberships, discounted office and venue hire including our new OKN1 restaurant in Hackney
Once normal business resumes we will be setting out our new course start dates. Alternatively, if you would like further information on an individual application or you are an employer that wants to start planning your future training needs please complete this form.
Getting enrolled on one of our courses is quick and easy. For more information, give us a call on 020 7613 9031 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will talk you through the enrolment process, and provide any information you need.