There are many ways in which you may be eligible for free or discounted courses.
We’ve removed or reduced fees wherever we can and where fees are charged, we have kept prices fixed at 2013 rates as much as possible.
Where indicated on course pages, here are the following ways in which you may be eligible for free or discounted courses:
FREE for all *
- £30 college membership fee only
FREE for most *
- English and Maths courses if do not already have a C/grade 4 (or above)
- Not working or earn less than £21,160
- If this is your first full Level 3 course
- If this is your first full Level 2 course
* All adult students pay an annual £30 college membership fee.
Specific criteria apply and we will assess your eligibility for discounts and free courses when you come to enrol.
- To be eligible for funding and free courses, students need to have Home Status.
- Please bring your Home Office Documentation to enable us to assess your eligibility.
- Greater London Authority students may not need to have been resident for 3 years.
- Residency and eligibility rules are complex and we will confirm your FREE course status when you enrol.
- To have your fees removed, you must show us proof of income or benefits.
19+ Advanced Learner Loan
This is a government loan available to anyone over 19, wanting to study an eligible Level 3, 4, 5 or 6 course. To qualify for this loan, you must have lived in the UK for more than three years and have ‘settled status.’
Find out more here:
You may be able to pay for your course with a higher education loan from the Student Loan Company.
Find out more on the Student Finance website:
Help with paying and studying
We understand that the cost-of-living crisis has affected everyone. We are here to help make sure you get all possible support while you study.
Adult learner bursary
If you are earning less than £26,000 you may be eligible for financial help with childcare, books and other costs associated with your studies. It’s easy to apply online and we’ll give you all the information action you need once you enrol.
For more information, please click here
Higher education students are eligible for specific bursaries and grants.
Pay in instalments
If your course is over £300 and the duration is 12 weeks or more, then you can arrange to pay in stages. Please contact us for more information and to arrange a payment plan.
Childcare to support your study
We understand the challenges of juggling childcare and college study.
We have a superb nursery at our Hackney campus. We can also give you information to help you to find a childminder or local nursery place if we can’t provide a place for your child on campus.
Many of our students get help with the costs of childcare through our childcare bursary.