A specialist programme for students Aiming High
If you are aspiring to achieve grades 7-9 in all your GCSEs, we have a specialist study programme and coaching support specifically for you. Our Aiming High programme is designed to equip you with the skills necessary to gain entry to and thrive at Russell Group universities and UK Medical Schools and their equivalent worldwide. The programme will also support you with applications for prestigious and highly sought-after apprenticeships.
You will get the opportunity to work with other students with similar goals. You will also benefit from the diversity that a college of our size affords, which will broaden your horizons and expose you to a breadth of opinion and culture – and this in turn will help you to develop the thinking that will improve your chances of progression to the very best universities or high level apprenticeships.
Stretch & Challenge
As part of the Aiming High group, you will benefit from a bespoke study programme comprising of:
- 3 or 4 A Levels
- An enrichment programme that will culminate in achieving the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) in your second year. The EPQ is a demanding qualification that aids the development of the skills, research, analysis, evaluation and debate that are necessary to complete extended pieces of writing in preparation for university
- The opportunity to engage with a range of valuable enrichment opportunities
- MEDICS – if you wish to pursue a medical career in Medicine, Veterinary Science, Dentistry or Pharmacy you will also attend a weekly enrichment (two hours) with students who have similar ambitions (see our Medics page)
Oxbridge and Russell Group support, networking and mentoring
You will be given the opportunity for 1:1 guidance from the CUBE (Careers, University, Business and Employment) where you will be supported in order to consider your aspirations. You will be set regular targets to ensure that you are able to meet your goals.
Support is targeted to the individual, but can include practising interview and selection centre techniques, stimulus piece discussions, support for entrance exam preparation and mock multiple mini interviews (for prospective medical students).
You will also have access to:
- Events hosted by Oxford/Cambridge/Russell Group universities and Medical Schools, including talks, summer schools and taster sessions
- Escorted visits to Oxford, Cambridge and Medical Schools
- Cambridge/Oxford/Medicine student mentors via alumni
- Quality work experience in a range of diverse settings
- Free university lectures, either in person or online
- Networking opportunities with a range of employers